Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Horses! Horses, Horses everywhere!

Tanana District 4-H Horse Camp, HERE I COME!!!! It's a 90% chance that I can go. Courtney has a free space reserved, because she's a leader. I don't even have to pay! Emmie, Hailey, maybe Ashley, and I will go. I'm going to have the time of my life! Courtney got a new gelding. His name is Hondo. He's a chestnut brown with white socks. He's the kind of horse for more experienced riders. We found out Ginger's real age...she's 30 something. =( So I might be riding Hondo. =) I kinda can't wait. She's starting a program where disabled kids can ride. We've been working with Hondo, Storm, Ginger and Ellie. Ellie is scared of loud noises, so we had to take extra time to get her used to people stomping up and down ramps, being laid on, having balls thrown at them. poor Ellie, we accidentally hit her between the eyes. The girl jerked her head up and almost hit Danny with the ball. Courtney, Carol, Danny, Hailey and I got a good laugh at it. I thought Ellie was a little like me, throwing basketballs. Like rider, like horse, I guess. It was much fun, and I got much needed exercise.
  Hailey and I got to go on a trail ride after all that work. We talked about 4-H, which I hope to be joining soon. I'm just kind of sore. Hailey tried to teach me to post, which I found out I was messing up on because i was using my knees, and not my inner thighs. When you use your inner thighs to post, it's so much more comfortable.
I won't be able to ride Ginger in the 4-H play day games. I'm really hoping to ride Hondo. Ashley might ride Maggie. Maggie's not my type of horse, she's tall, fast, and scares me. I like shorter horses. Mk, I have got to go, I'll update when I get the chance!

1 comment:

  1. Actually, not really. Ashley got to ride Hondo, and that left me riding Maggie. She's not that bad, but, I'm going to need to chill. Courtney said I have a choice between Maggie and Ginger, so I'm cool! I love those two mares. ♥

    ReplyDelete