Monday, April 25, 2011

SADDLE OF LIFE--MY FICTIONAL STORY--Chapter 15-

CHAPTER FIFTEEN, Peace Of Mind
The sun was rising over the mountains as Adrenaline loped gracefully and peacefully through the knee-high grass. The wind created by his passage ruffled my air and blew his mane. I was holding the leather reins in one hand, and holding the western saddle’s horn in the other while standing in the stirrups. Adrenaline’s arched neck was somewhat stretched out in his lazy lope. The sun continued to rise as his long white legs striked through the grass and his hoof beats resounding on the dry ground. Erik and Moon were loping behind us. Moon wasn’t as smooth as Adrenaline, but Erik was enjoying the early ride. Both horses were in an exceptionally good mood. The Huffingtons had given Moon to Erik free, papers and all, and I was teaching him how to take care of his own horse. We all enjoyed our early and late rides. I slowed Adrenaline down and Erik did the same with Moon. We slowed to a slow walk and started talking. I glanced at my watch.
“Seven AM, we got to head back.” As if the horses practiced alot, Adrenaline turned toward the trail that lead home, Moon followed.
“I wonder what will happen today…” was all I said.
“Same old…got to muck the stalls, tend to the animals in the cage room, help Bob with reluctant animals, soothe fretful owners…”
The list went on and on.
“It never ends!” I joked. We pretty much had the same schedule every day but I wouldn’t trade it in for the world.

2 comments:

  1. Btw, I will post more when I write the next chapter

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ruth, when you finish you should start submitting this to publishers! This is a great young adult novel.

    ReplyDelete